What is better than planning a vacation? Knowing that you can bring the entire family along, of course! No matter what season it is, Gatlinburg has something for everyone in your family, whether they are 3 or 73. Now that summer is in full swing, here are our top five recommendations for family-friendly activities in Gatlinburg (including our Gatlinburg Vacation Rentals recommendation)
1) Great Smoky Mountains National Park: the great thing about the park is that there are trails for everyone. No matter what level hiker you are – even if you consider walking up the stairs a hike sometimes – there is plenty to see and do in the park. Depending on when you visit, you can even enroll the kids in an exploratory class or sign them up to be a junior park ranger. Just don’t forget to bring plenty of water and your camera to capture the fun.
2) Ober Gatlinburg: while the Ober is known as a top skiing spot in the mountains, it also offers tons of fun activities to enjoy during the warmer seasons. Ride the tram up to the top of the mountain and prepare yourself for a day filled with alpine slides, ice skating, a crazy maze, a carousel and so much more.
3) Parkway stroll: unlike other towns that offer humdrum main streets, Gatlinburg’s main thruway is always bustling with activity. If your kids like candy shops, toy stores, movies and rides, they just might find themselves having a great time on the Parkway. From Fannie Farkle’s to an earthquake simulator, you cannot go wrong with a stroll along the Parkway.
4) Wild Bear Falls: when the weather proves to be less than sunny, don’t fear – you can visit an indoor water park just minutes from your front door. Kids love escaping to Wild Bear Falls where they can go down slides, ride tubes and splash to their hearts’ delight.
5) Elk Springs Resort Gatlinburg Cabins: that’s right, we had to include ourselves on the list. We pride ourselves on keeping even the most energetic of tykes occupied while staying at the resort. Our cabins offer the best in family entertainment, from flat screen TVs and game consoles to home theater rooms and pool tables, kids of all ages (including moms and dads!) can have a blast. Although we highly recommend that you take a trip downtown, you may find yourselves spending most of your time just relaxing and bonding at the luxury cabin rental of your choice.