What some great ideas for your next Gatlinburg Cabin cookout? The smell of burgers of the grill evokes memories of summertime, carefree nights, playing outside and spending quality time with friends and family. A cookout is a great time to enjoy cooking, socialize, and relish time in the Great Outdoors.
Vacation is the perfect time to have a cookout, especially when you have a state-of-the art kitchen and grill conveniently located on your cabin deck. Select some of these recipes, make a drink, and get ready to enjoy a relaxing day or evening in your cabin.
What better setting for a cookout than a luxury cabin perched in the heart of the majestic Great Smoky Mountains. So fire up those grills and get ready to cook out!
3 large lemons
2 cups water
1 cup granulated sugar or 1 cup Splenda
4 cups water
1 cup vodka or light rum
1) Place well washed lemons in glass bowl with water. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Remove from water and cool slightly.
2) Juice lemons, remove the seeds.
3) Dissolve sugar or Splenda in warm water used for lemons.
4) Mix juice along with sweetened water until well blended.
5) Add 4 cups of water and rum or vodka, mix thoroughly.
6) Serve lemonade in glasses over ┬╛ cup, 1 cup of ice, garnish with fresh lemon slices.
4 cups cubed watermelon
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 limes juiced
1 lime cut into wedges
8 oz. tequila
5 oz. Triple Sec divided
3 Tablespoons salt
1) Puree watermelon in sugar in a blender until smooth.
2) Transfer mixture to a pitcher and add lime juice, tequila and Triple Sec. Stir to combine.
3) In a shallow dish pour the salt. Rub a lime wedge around the rims of four wide mouth glasses.
4) Dip the glasses in the salt mixture and twist until rim is coated with salt.
5) Divide margarita mixture between the glasses, garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
Best Blue Cheese Burger
1 lb. ground beef
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
teaspoon of ground black pepper
cup blue cheese crumbles (2 oz.)
1. In a bowl combine beef, Worcestshire, garlic powder, mustard, black pepper and blue cheese. Mix thoroughly with your hands until all ingredients are incorporated.
2. On waxed paper shape into eight, 4 ┬╜ inch patties
3. Prepare charcoal or gas grill for cooking over high, direct heat.
4. Using tongs and a paper towel dipped in vegetable oil to grease the grill grates.
5. Makes sure the grill is hot before laying down the patties.
6. Grill the burgers about five-minutes on each side.
Serve with buns and favorite condiments.
1 lbs. ground turkey
1 Tablespoon of dry onion soup mix
teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 egg lightly beaten
6 whole wheat hamburger buns
1) Mix turkey, soup mix, pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce and egg in a bowl. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
2) Remove from the refrigerator and form into six patties.
3) Pre-heat the grill to medium high heat and lightly oil the grill grate.
Cook for twenty minutes, turning once, until well done.
Spectacular Skirt Steak
2 lb. skirt steak
4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
cup olive oil
3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp. honey
2 teaspoons salt
teaspoon ground black pepper
teaspoon red pepper flakes
1) In bowl mix garlic, oil, lime juice, honey, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
2) Place trimmed skirt steak in a zip lock bag shake and coat with marinade. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3) Grease grill grates lightly with vegetable oil and Preheat grill for high heat.
4) When grill is very hot pull skirt steak from marinade bag and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side, or add an extra couple of minutes for each side if you want it more done. Remove meat, rest for 10 minutes, then cut into 1-inch-thick slices and serve with desired condiments.
Grilled Green Beans
cups of fresh green beans
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
teaspoon of salt
teaspoon of pepper
1) Place beans on a double square of aluminum foil.
2) Add remaining ingredients and mix.
3) Bring long ends of foil up and over beans .Fold together twice, until foil rests on beans. Fold ends down twice.
4) Place on grill, seam side up over medium heat and grill for about 30 minutes.
Grilled Sweet Potatoes and Apples
2 large sweet potatoes sliced
1 apple peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 Tablespoon of honey
1 Tablespoon of butter
1) Preheat an outdoor grill.
2) In a bowl, toss the sweet potato and apple slices with the cinnamon and honey.
3) Divide the mixture into 4 portions, places each on a large piece of aluminum foil.
4) Top each with an equal amount of butter. Tightly seal foil around each portion.
5) Place foil packets on the grill, and cook 40 minutes, turning every 5 to 10 minutes, until potatoes and apples are tender.
Easy Baked Beans
1 29 oz. can of baked beans
cup of packed brown sugar
cup of ketchup
1 Tablespoon Worstershire Sauce
6 strips of cooked bacon
1) Mix beans, sugar, ketchup and Worstershire Sauce in a bowl
2) Place in a casserole dish and top with cooked bacon.
3) Bake at 350 degrees for forty-five minutes or until bubbly
Pesto Potato Salad
┬╖ 6 red potatoes boiled
┬╖ 1 small jar of pesto
1) Mix potatoes and pesto.
2) Chill and serve.
Easy Microwave Fudge
1/3 cup of butter or margarine
5 blocks of semi-sweet chocolate blocks
cup of evaporated milk
1 lb. of powdered sugar plus 1cup of powdered sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
3) Combine butter, chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 2 minutes.
4) Stir mixture thoroughly.
5) Microwave mixture on high again for 90 seconds.
6) Mix well until smooth.
7) Add vanilla
8) Add the powdered sugar gradually.
9) Mix until it starts to thicken, pour into a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
10) Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
Chocolate dipped fruit
1 carton of washed and capped strawberries, cut up pineapple or other firm fruit
1 tub of dipping chocolate such as BakerΓÇÖs Dipping Chocolate
1) Microwave dipping chocolate according to instructions on tub.
2) Slowly dip fruit into melted chocolate using tongs.
3) Place on waxed paper and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes and serve.
Anytime Cobbler with your favorite fruit
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
Fruit of your choice (peaches, blue berries, strawberries, etc)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1) Pour butter into a shallow 2-qt. baking dish; set aside.
2) In a saucepan, bring the selected fruit and a bit of its juice peaches and juice to a boil
3) Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, flour, milk, baking powder and salt; mix well
4) Pour over butter in baking dish.
5) Spoon hot fruit over batter. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
6) Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until cake tests done.
7) Serve warm with ice cream or cool whip.